Abstract Submission Instructions
13th Balkan Congress of Human Genetics abstract submission is open.
Deadline for submission is 11 March (Monday ) 2019; until 24:00 local time.
Papers can only be accepted from the online submission system via the congress web page, and postings sent by mail or e mail will not be evaluated.
Received submissions will be acknowledged electronically.
Submitted abstracts will be evaluated by Congressional Science Committee and at least by two scientific referees. Acceptance and compliance of the submissions will be decided by Science Council.
Abstracts with the obvious goal of advertising corporate products or services, will be rejected.
Accepted abstracts for oral presentation and posters will be published in the electronic supplement abstract book of Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics (BJMG).
Acceptance of the submission of papers require registration of the main author.
GUIDELINES FOR THE SUBMISSION PROCESS
Please read the instructions carefully.
- The text must not exceed 250 words, excluding title and authors but including the tables and grand references.
- Test must clearly state the objectives of the study, concisely describe the methodology used for assembling the data, summarize the results and state the principal conclusion of the research.
- Text must be formed with four sub-titles: Introduction and Aim, Material and Method, Results and Discussion.
- Grant references must be included at the end of the abstract text.
- Tables can not be included but can be sent by mail.
- No graphics and figures are allowed.
- Remember that you may be presenting author of only one paper, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
- Congress language is in English. It is the submitter’s responsibility that the paper is throughy free from language and grammar errors, which otherwise will be the reason of disapproval by the Scientific Comittee.
Posters will be presented as a power point slide presentation (e-Poster) at the Poster stations at the Conference venue, not in traditional board.
Poster instructions, submissions and schedules
- Electronic Posters will be on display from Thursday, April 18 (09:00 hrs) to Friday, April 19 (17:00 hrs).
- The upload of the poster file will be possible in the Preview Centre from Friday, April 12 from 22:00 hrs onwards (during conference times)
- Poster presentation at the meeting will be the condition for the publication of the abstract in the electronic supplementary issue of the Balkan Journal of Human genetics (BJHG). However your presence at the poster during discussion time is not required.
- All details on your poster presentation (e.g. E-Poster number) will be sent by end of March 2019.
- The display will be in 1080px (w) x 1920px (h) portrait format (download sample file)
- Supported file types are only JPG format.
- Authors are requested to disclose possible conflicts of interest on the E-poster.
- When presenting data and health information (including photos) all presenters must have informed consent compliant with human subjects and applicable regulations.
- Posters should stimulate discussion, not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics and make sure every item is necessary.
- Include the title of your presentation in the E-poster. The system will not display the poster title on the screen.
- The lettering of the poster heading should be sufficient to be read from 1 m distance. Detailed information should be provided in a smaller type.